“Hi friends. Can anyone help me out in fixing damaged OST file? Cause it’s a crucial need to be repaired. Recently my OST file got corrupted while synchronizing it on exchange server. After this I was unable to access Outlook application, since it gives an error message while log in saying “Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. The set of folders cannot be opened, operation failed!” This is the first time I am facing such issues. Any someone assist me how to fix OST file? Any remedy for this problem will be much respected. Thanks”
OST is abbreviated as offline storage table; it is one of type of Microsoft Outlook storage file. The main advantages of OST file is that it allows you to endure the work on Outlook even if the software is disengaged from Exchange Server or in offline mode. This feature allows you to scheduled appointments, compose new emails, read or delete existing mails, create contacts, assign tasks so on in offline mode. The change made by you are automatically gets synchronized with Exchange Server on internet connection. Actually, OST files are nothing but carbon copy from mailbox of Microsoft Exchange Server and are stockpiled on computer hard disk drive. Hence, damage or errors to Exchange Server does not affect OST file presented on your system hard drive.
Sources for OST file corruption / damage:
- Inappropriate system shutdown:After completion of work, you should quit the Outlook properly by saving all your modifications to the OST file by clicking “Exit” or “Close” in menu item. However, if you rudely shut down the computer during OST files synchronization. Then chances are there that the offline storage table may get corrupted.
- Database devastation:Suppose, if the Exchange mailbox database collapses due to network issues. As the result of this, as soon you connect to exchange server it synchronizes the data present in the computer with the server. This affects OST data.
- Deletion of Outlook email account: Take this situation, if you delete your email account unknowingly or if your user mailbox gets deleted then, OST files becomes inaccessible.
- Other causes: Your OST file may also get corrupted due to exchange server crash, bad sectors, Header File Corruption, operating system crash, email bombarding, hard drive failure so on.
All these above situations may be fixed using Outlook inbox repair tool called “Scanpst.exe” But, there are lot of possibilities while fixing Outlook OST file using this feature, may corrupt your file furthermore. Since, in not so reliable option to fix corrupted OST files. So, if you are thinking how to repair OST file with an error free application. Then choice this reliable “fix OST” utility.
Reasons to choose this software:
- This tool is featured with advanced scanning options which scans and repairs the corrupted OST file in less amount of time.
- It will never modify your original OST file, since it is a read only tool which, exacts a copy of the source file and then fixes it. This ensures safety of your original OST file.
- Repair OST is the most trusted and reliable application recommended by industrial experts and single users.
- This application supports repairing features on different Outlook versions like 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010 etc.