Xbox One controller is nothing but a video game controller developed by Microsoft company. This wireless controller is mainly used to play Xbox games on computer by connecting through micro-USB cable. It consists of ten digital buttons, two analog triggers, two analog sticks, a syncing button and a digital D-pad. The right side of the Xbox controller consists of four action buttons such as green “A” button, blue “X” button, red “B” button, and amber “Y” button. The lower right side of the controller consists of right analog stick and a digital D-pad is located in the lower left. The center of the controller consists of three digital buttons like View, Menu and Guide.
To play the Xbox games on your personal computer it is necessary to have current PC drivers like
If you are using Windows 10 operating system then it is not necessary to install the drivers because they are pre-installed with the operating system.
Windows 8.1 and Windows 7:
If you are using Windows 8 and Windows 7 operating system, Windows will automatically download and install the drivers for the Xbox One controller. If your windows OS is not set to download and install the drivers automatically then you can check for the updates in the Device Manager manually by following the below procedure.
- First point to the lower-right corner of the screen and move the mouse pointer up. Now click on the Search option.
- In the search box type the Device Manager and then select the Device Manager. Now Windows may ask you to type an administrator password or to confirm your choice.
- Now locate and expand the Microsoft Xbox One controller. After that right click on the expanded Microsoft Xbox One controller and choose the Update Drive Software option.
- Finally select the Search Automatically for Updated Software option.
Necessary steps to be followed:
- Try to use another micro-USB cable if the wireless controller is not responding.
- If you want to use the Xbox One wireless controller with your console after using it with a personal computer then it is mandatory to re-sync the Xbox controller to the console. You can perform this operation by using a wireless sync button or by using a USB cable. Watch this video to know how to connect a wireless Xbox One controller to your console.
- For the users who are using Windows 10 OS, an Xbox One Wired headset and Xbox One stereo headset are compatible with a PC when connected through the Xbox One controller. Check Xbox One wireless controller firmware updates to know its latest enhancements.