WD is also marketing this hard drive to gamers, which certainly makes sense due to its extra storage capacity. System games sometimes reach almost 50GB in size in such cases WD Black’s 6TB model add real value to low and mid-range gaming rigs. It also includes StableTrac Technology which is used to create accurate data tracking due to vibrations from additional gaming hardware. WD Black is also quoted to offer 218MB per second data-transfer rates. To produce these numbers, it has significant 128MB DRAM cache size. Coupling this with WD’s Dynamic Cache Technology helps in enhancing the caching algorithms and this will decrease the congestion and increase the overall performance.
Design and Specifications of WD Black 6TB Hard Drive:
WD Black 6TB hard drive model looks identical to that of the company’s 4TB capacity, which was released two years ago. The consumer grade WD drive has the standard WD product label which gives complete information about the drive to the users including series number, capacity, model number, and a QR code which sends the user to the product website. The WD Black 4TB model uses the standard 3.5 inches form factor with a SATA 6Gb/s interface with the heat-producing components in contact with the body of the drive. This allows the components like the RAM, controller, RAM, and motor driver to dispense heat into the body. WD also contains a foam pad, which is located in between the drive and circuit board. This foam pad helps to absorb the vibration. The WD Black 6TB hard drive also uses same specifications and some of them are listed below.
- Model number of WD Black 6TB hard drive is WD6001FZWX
- It uses 6 Gb/s SATA interface with 3.5 inch form factor
- Formatted capacities: 6TB, 5TB, 4TB, 3TB
- It is advanced format and RoHS compliant
- Data transfer rate of 6 GB/s from buffer to host and 218MB/s from host to/from drive.
- 128 MB cache memory and the rotational speed per minute is 7200
- In addition to 128 MB of RAM, WD Black 6TB also uses an LSI controller.