Microsoft Outlook is most largely used email application by using this user can arrange or manage all their emails and different types of attribute attached along with that such as meetings, calendar, contacts, task, to do list and more. User’s Outlook profile account data are get stored in a separate file named as PST (Personal Storage Table) file. It is becoming very popular among the users and for emailing purpose large number people prefer Microsoft Outlook application.
Sometimes, user would find that MS Outlook refuses to open their account. This kind of situation occurs due to corruption of the Outlook PST file that is get stored in the system’s storage device. In such situation, user may look for the most reliable Microsoft PST repair tool for fixing corrupt PST file and get access to the Outlook profile account. There are some issues by which this amazing email client application failed to open or load all the data that are configured with this account or starts displaying an error message because of some internal or external factors. And, then Outlook stops performing completely or it work in improper way.
However, most IT experts recommend working with Outlook PST files whose size varies from 2 to 8 GB as there is less chance of occurring errors in the file. With the help of Microsoft PST Repair Tool, user can fix the damaged PST file which is created on all the Outlook versions like Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2003, and more. This tool efficiently repairs corrupt Outlook PST files without modifying the original file and hence it is a read only tool. Read on this article if you want to know more features of this program.
How Outlook PST files gets corrupted?
There are many situation for the Personal Storage Table (PST) archive files in MS Outlook get corrupted or damaged and prevent user from accessing to their Outlook profile account.
- Outlook PST file may become inaccessible for the user due to accidental closure of Microsoft Outlook may corrupt the structure of PST file.
- This happens quite often, an error might occur in the hard disk file system, and then in such case user should check for the file system and results in corruption of Outlook PST file.
- User may also fail to access the Outlook account or get error by storing or saving PST file in the shared network folder.
- On different version of Microsoft Outlook application, the maximum size of the PST file differs. For instance, in older version of Outlook if the size of the PST file exceeds the maximum size limit. Then, there is chance of corrupting the file. When user wants to access those large size PST file, it may get error message or Outlook program itself may not properly. List of maximum size limit of PST file on different Outlook versions are stated below:
Outlook 2000: PST files maximum size limit is 2 GB and it uses ANSI format.
Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007: The size limit of the PST file is 20 GB.
Outlook 2010 and 2013: PST file uses the Unicode format and the size limit is 50 GB.
- When the system gets infected with severe viruses and worms, then it may damage the PST file stored in the storage device.